Working on your action project for your Social Justice class? We can help! In this workshop we invite youth to dig deep into the issues they care about, why they’re important, and how to plan effective, meaningful, and actionable projects addressing these issues. How do we make sure our solutions are equitable instead of perpetuating inequalities? Why is it important to focus on justice as much as charity? How do we take local action on global issues? We explore privilege and power and our capacity to effect change! We connect youth to existing social justice movements and inspire action!
– To build a toolkit to take effective action on social justice issues youth care about
– To understand equity in relation to equality, justice in relation to charity
– To critically think about proposed solutions using an anti-oppression framework
– To identify concrete next steps in youths’ social justice action projects
– To show examples of the power of youth action