Thank you for your interest in supporting the work we do at Check Your Head!
Your donation goes a long way towards helping us cover our costs such as:
- Anti-oppression and facilitation training for youth to gain and strengthen skillsets
- Honoraria for youth facilitating workshops, in order to honour their time and labour, as well as alleviate some of the barriers to accessing programs, such as bus tickets
- Day-to-day operations to keep CYH afloat, such as our rent, utilities, software, and printing costs
- Workshop materials
Check Your Head is a registered charity. Donations over $25 CAD will receive an official receipt for income tax purposes. Our registered charity number is 87861 8321 RR0001. Your privacy is important to us and we will not share your private information with anyone else. In addition to our heartfelt gratitude, as a donor you’ll receive regular updates about our work (which you can also opt out of!), invitations to special events, and other opportunities.
We currently have the following giving options for your convenience:
1. Credit card, PayPal, or Interac
CanadaHelps is a service based in Toronto, Canada, that offers donors the ability to give using their credit card, PayPal or Interac. Donors can select one-time or monthly donations
2. Cheque by mail
Prefer snail mail? No problem! Please make your cheque payable to “Check Your Head” and mail it to 2455 Fraser Street, Vancouver BC, V5T 0E3.
3. Direct transfer for Vancity members
We love our local credit union and long-time organizational supporter Vancity! Email us for our relationship number, which you’ll need for setting up an easy member-to-member no fee payment transfer.
4. Automatic transfer from your bank (Customer Automated Funds Transfer, or CAFT)
Fill out this online form and include your banking information, OR send us a void cheque by email or snail mail. Your privacy is very important to us and we follow best practices for site security in maintaining your data. We store all of our donors’ information in a password-protected customer relationship management software on our website, as well as in a locked cabinet behind a locked door.
Please don’t hesitate to connect with us by phone at 604.709.5644 or email at admin [at] checkyourhead.org.