Type of Position: Volunteer Position* – approximately 3 month commitment, with possibility of extension, 7-10 hours/week (flexible)
Start and End Date: Flexible Start Date – December 20, 2019
Location: Our office located at Fraser St and Broadway at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre [2455 Fraser Street, Vancouver, stolen homelands of xwməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples]
Our Organizational Culture: Collaborative, passionate, curious, reflective, nurturing
Working closely with the Operations and Project Coordinator and the Education Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting our team with projects and administrative tasks at the office.
*Weekly honouraria will be provided as an expression of gratitude for your work in this volunteer position. We highly encourage you to get credit for the hours spent in this position for your studies and/or academic program, and we are happy to work with you to ensure this opportunity meets the requirements of your institution.
● Programming evaluation – recording and processing data
● Fundraising and event planning support
● Support various projects: curriculum development, website development
● Administrative support
● Need to have access to your own computer and cell phone
● An opportunity to learn about our work and make a difference
● Training on administrative tasks
● Support and mentorship in growing your skills
● Networking and learning opportunities with other organizations, social justice groups and campaigns
● Honoraria of $25 per week
● Bus tickets
● Letters of reference upon request
This position is for a self-identified youth who:
● Has excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
● Has a passion for social change and believes in educating, activating, and empowering young people to engage in social, environmental and economic justice movements to create a more equitable, democratic and sustainable future
● Is able to work independently, but also enjoys working in a team
● Is available during work hours (10am-6pm, Mon-Fri)
We are committed to having a team that reflects the diversity of the youth population in the Lower Mainland. We encourage applications from people of colour, Indigenous individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities.
To apply: Please email an expression of interest to emily(at)checkyourhead.org in the following format, explaining why you’re a good fit for this opportunity. Please let us know how it will benefit you and how you will benefit our work.
● Subject heading: Office Intern
● Please limit your expression of interest to a maximum of one paragraph (300 words)
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 4th, 2019.
Click Image Below for a PDF Version