Job Posting: Workshop Youth Peer Leader
Type of Position: 8.5 Month Contract, 31.5 hours/month
Start and End Date: December 10, 2018 – August 30, 2019
Compensation: Living Wage: $20.91/hr
Perks: Professional development opportunities, flexible work hours
Location: Regular in-person check ins at our office located at Fraser St and Broadway at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre, flexible work location otherwise
Our Organizational Culture: Collaborative, passionate, curious, reflective, nurturing
Working closely with the Education Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating our Peer Facilitator team and their facilitation of all our workshops.
- Recruit Youth Peer Facilitators;
- Coordinate facilitation of workshops – schedule Peer Facilitators, facilitate or co-facilitate workshops if no Peer Facilitators are available;
- In collaboration with the Education Program Coordinator, train Peer Facilitators;
- In collaboration with the Education Program Coordinator, lead mandatory in-person monthly meetings for Peer Facilitators, including additional training and curriculum development;
- Participate in on-going program assessment and evaluation efforts;
- Flexible work hours, need to have access to your own computer and cell phone.
- Training on facilitation, coordination, and scheduling.
- Support and mentorship in growing your skills.
- Networking and learning opportunities with other organizations, social justice groups and campaigns.
This position is for youth (under 30) who:
- Have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Have experience and/or a desire to work with their peers
- Have a passion for social change and believe in educating, activating, and empowering young people to engage in social, environmental and economic justice movements to create a more equitable, democratic and sustainable future.
- Are able to work independently, but also enjoy working in a team and have a sense of humor
- Are available during school hours (9am-3pm, Mon-Fri), and some availability on evenings and weekends, for 31.5 hours/month
- Are able to lead a MANDATORY two day training weekend in February
- Will lead monthly evening meetings
- Are willing to complete a criminal record check
We are committed to having a team that reflects the diversity of the youth population in the Lower Mainland. We encourage applications from people of colour, indigenous individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities.
To apply: Please email your application as one PDF file to emily(at)checkyourhead.org in the following format:
- Subject heading: Workshop Youth Peer Leader
- Attached file name: firstname_lastname_WYPL.pdf
- Cover letter
- Resume outlining relevant skills and experience
Deadline to apply is November 22nd, 2018.