Check Your Head is turning 20 this year – a generation of educating, activating and empowering youth in BC!
Come celebrate and connect with friends of Check Your Head – whether you’re a past donor or volunteer, or are just curious to find out more! There’ll be live music, dancing, and short & sweet speeches. Light refreshments will be provided. Food trucks, bar and ATM will be on site.
Meet our new Executive Director Maisaloon Al-Ashkar, our Operations and Project Coordinator Adrienne Yeung, our Education Program Coordinator Emily Gorham, our Youth Peer Leaders Morgan Switzer-Rodney, Janani Ravikularam, Anita Shen, and Dakota Shelby; our Communications Intern Gavin Liang, and incoming Board Members.
Date: November 7th, 2019
Time: 7:30 – 10:30 PM
Location: The Beaumont Studios, 316 W 5th Ave, Vancouver, BC
Performances by: MCing and performances by Missy D; Spoken word from Valeen Jules; and music from DJ Kookum!
- ASL interpretation and childminding are available on request. Please contact us at adrienne [at] checkyourhead.org before October 24th if you require these services. One-zone transit tickets will be available upon request.
- Washrooms are gender-inclusive.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible by ramp. There is one single-stall wheelchair-accessible washroom.
- Lighting will be dim with colourful moving (no strobe) lights.
- Seating will be available.
- Street parking is available. The venue is a short 7-minute walk from Olympic Village Skytrain Station and a 10-minute walk from Broadway and Cambie St.
- The Beaumont Studios are not scent-free, but for the comfort and safety of our guests, we ask that all attendees not wear scented products – including perfume, cologne, (fresh) nail polish, scented body washes, and hairspray.