Check Your Head is looking for leaders with a passion for social, economic and environmental justice and youth education to serve on our Board of Directors.
We’re actively looking to increase the range and diversity of skills, perspectives, and experiences on our board. Young leaders from diverse communities are encouraged to apply, including immigrants and refugees, LGBTQ+, BIPOC, different economic and social backgrounds, applicants from the public, private, and non-profit sectors, residents representing communities across Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley – we seek strength through diverse voices.
In particular, we welcome candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Legal & governance
- Financial management/accounting
- Entrepreneurship, business development and management
- Fund development, Marketing/Public Relations
- Strategic planning and evaluation
- Government/Public Policy
- Education, public schooling, youth development, work with vulnerable youth
- Human resources
Prior experience on a non-profit board is not required, but would be an asset. All candidates should have a keen interest in social, economic and environmental justice, and anti-oppression analysis.
Interested candidates are invited to apply via the following process:
- Review the CYH Board Member Job Description
- Complete the candidate Expression of Interest form and describe the skills and experience you can bring to our team and submit along with your CV/resume to board(at)checkyourhead.org
- Schedule and attend an interview with the Board Recruitment Committee
Download the application package here >> CYH Board Job Description and Expression of Interest Form
If you would like to know more about Check Your Head and the work of the Board of Directors prior to submitting an expression of interest, please send an email to email@example.com and we would be happy to respond.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact us as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and will be accepted until Monday, October 15, 2018.