Get involved with Check Your Head – We are seeking a Graphic Designer!
Check Your Head is a youth-driven nonprofit organization working with young people to take action for social & environmental justice. Our main activities include workshops, facilitation and leadership training and supporting youth-led social and environmental justice actions. Currently, we are seeking a new volunteer Graphic Designer who’d like to help our events reach more people by creating effective promotional posters.
We’re looking for youth with a passion for graphic design and an understanding of the work of local non-profits. This position is ideal for experienced, young graphic designers looking to build their portfolio.
Our ideal Graphic Designer:
– Has experience creating event posters and can provide links to past work
– Has access to their own software (full Adobe Creative Suite)
– Has previously worked to fit the expectations of an organization/external team
– Has a good grasp of and can maintain uniformity with organization’s existing esthetic
Other things you should know:
– This position will move forward on a project-to-project basis
– The workload will amount to roughly 2-3 hrs/week
– All promotional materials created will be widely shared through social media and amongst our partner organizations
– A small honorarium will be provided
If you are interested, please send a statement of interest (max. 500 words) to aleks@ checkyourhead.org by noon on Thursday, March 19th. Use this space to tell us about your own experience with and interest in graphic design. All applicants can await further instruction after submitting their statement of interest.